MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Finally....

A couple of Splendid Sampler blocks to pop on the pile....
I decided to embroider the little clasps on the purse rather than use buttons. I should have reread the Lynette Anderson block instructions as I thought it was only one border but apparently not lol!.....not unsewing! Sigh*
Although extremely appreciative of all the hard work and creative talents from all the designers involved in Splendid Sampler I am looking forward to seeing it end and catching up at my leisure. I am really pleased that I managed to get this far.
More hexies are happening and slowly being attached to the medallions. Very relaxing stitching. I am excited to be working on this quilt.
I so enjoyed working on the little Kingfishers that I couldn't leave them alone and now they are all done!

Thats it from me lovely people. I do hope you are all coping with this heat here in Aus. A little bit of "cool" for you....
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

12 comments:

  1. Your kingfishers are stunning, Michelle! You are more dedicated than I am, I would run out of interest long before all those blocks were done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with the SS blocks and hexie progress is looking lovely. Those kingfishers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. Love your kingfishers.. we had 48 today.... aren't we lucky we have air cons...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my lovely friend ,your work is beautiful.love your kingfishers ,yep very hot here today in Chillarat,lol ,Gary would be able to wear his shorts here now,lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done with getting a few SS blocks done and your hexie blocks are amazing - as are the kingfishers.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely SS blocks, the kingfishers are just beautiful, love your Brinton Hall blocks., almost got hooked to start it myself really had to pull in the reigns haha..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on the SS blocks and well done for doing so many.
    The kingfishers are delightful. Such a beautiful bird. You must be building up quite a collection with your artwork now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The SS blocks are looking great Michelle....Beautiful Kingfishers....

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great effort on the hexies. The kingfishers are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Kingfishers are gorgeous Michelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks are lovely and your little birds are exquisite, keep cool. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  12. As keep saying - Good On You and Well Done for keeping up with the SS blocks - what a beautiful quilt you will have though so your stickability will be well rewarded :-) So pleased the Kingfishers are fully feathered - it is a beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.