MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, July 1, 2016

Quilty Progress

I finally feel as if I am progressing with my hand quilting. I have been pondering why this quilt was left unfinished as I have quietly quilted away. As I  lay it down to take these photos I realised why. I had run out of material and had to make do on the large border and wasn't at all pleased after all my work. So I just put it aside in annoyance. Perhaps I shouldn't have finished it as I did but this quilting journey is full of lessons. Especially don't rush just to be done! However now I have decided that I shall just have to live with the rushed decision way back when and appreciate the work I did do. Much better completed than not! And it's warmth is not diminished as a quilt. I am now up to quilting the "horrid" border with the centre medallion and corners quilted.
There is something about cream fabric and little quilting stitches that makes me very happy indeed.
Another little Splendid Sampler block is finished....sweet basket.
Block 39 was another foundation pieced block so I opted out and just did a little applique instead.
Another block came out today. I never thought I would EVER say....thank goodness it is just piecing lol! Must be learning something!
Personally, yesterday was a very good day. Our sons Petscan came back clear. Despite the setback of the unrelated thyroid cancer before Christmas this result means 12 months free of the Melanoma. We pray these good results continue.
It has been a fraught 12 months for us all especially our Son and DIL. Their courage and humour has helped us all......so we are enjoying the happy this week!

Choose kindness and love whenever and wherever you can.                                     
Namaste and Blesssings Michelle xxx                                                                              

23 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks gorgeous, once it has been finished I am sure you will fall back in love with it... WOW your MummaBear heart must of been in overdrive with your baby boy. Wonderful news though and all our family hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news Michelle - and in comparison the "unloved" border is not so significant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news for your son... Nice blocks. Lovely sewing as usual

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Michelle,

    Blessings to your Son and his family. That is wonderful news. Your quilting is just so lovely, all quilts are part of the journey.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news about your son. All the best to him and all his family. The quilt is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fantastic news for Lucas and you all. Pray it stays clear.
    Your hand quilting is gorgeous. What did I hear piecing is good..hehe.😄 💜

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such good news.......you must all be so relieved! I'm sure your quilt will be cosy when it's done. Are you planning to make a quilt for the lovely new caravan?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle that is just the best news for Lucas and family and what a handsome young man he is.
    I love your quilt it's gorgeous and your blocks are fantastic,well done my friend ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your son had good news. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news about your son. Love those blocks too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am delighted to read the news about your son and wish him all the very best.
    It is pleasing to see you finishing off this quilt. It would have been a shame to hide it away. And keep up the good work on the sampler blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pleased for your son Michelle. The quilting is looking lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your quilt is just beautiful even with the border you ended you ended up with. too beautiful to hide away. Such wonderful news about Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad that Lucas results are good. The quilt looks great but Lucas and his survivor message is the best. All good thoughts for you all

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful news about your dear son. You must all be relieved and feel very blessed. I love your quilting and I think the cream background lends itself to beautiful hand quilting. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The news about your son is wonderful! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful happy news for your family Michelle :-) And lovely quilt too - if you hadn't said about the border I wouldn't have known it wasn't 'right'!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is wonderful news. Love the quilt. Looks fabulous as does your SS blocks. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wha t great news...hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful quilting and blocks.
    Great news, that's so wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  21. so very thrilled for Lucas - and all of the family of course... A fight well fought....xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.