MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Blessings Begun

Phew! Is it only Wednesday! It's been very busy around here and the rest of the week is the same. I  had a lovely high tea on Monday.  I'll share some photos when I get my camera back....some silly lady left it amongst the cakes! They were distracting let me tell you.
I have begun the Blessings Quilt.  After careful consideration of my ability to get seams correctly aligned 000000. I decided I would make the large rings using the EPP method. Using the one template I feel that I have a better chance of getting them even. What is it about cutting into a new piece of fabric....ahhhh!
I have prepared 12 papers for the first ring...so big! The basting done and the stitching begun.

Loving the vintagey look already. 
Yesterday I finished my naughty Cockatoo named now the "Petunia Pilferer " My friend Trish kindly supplied the reference photo. ...thank you x The shadow on the left is me...sorry about that!

After my signature went on I began another piece...and another new beginning ....learning to enlarge your drawing through measurements. No photocopying or tracing here! It took me ages to get my head around it but as I said..there is a beginning. We have a drawing and the first layer of coloured pencil is down. I really want to do a good job on this one as it is special. 
I wish you all a joyful day. I am off to the bay for some stitching with my friends. 

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 

18 comments:

  1. good morning my lovely friend,wow your blessing quilt is going to be amazing,wow i love your cockatoo,your drawings are awesome,well done Michelle and i hope you have a lovely stitching day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start on your Blessings...
    What a beautiful drawing of the cockatoo.
    Enjoy your day with friends..

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the colours for your new quilt and I love cheeky cocky... I was going to phone but since you are off chatting and maybe stitching I will put that off..x
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm, new fabric! Mmmmmm new pattern! Naught Cockatoo! He is fabulous though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cockatoo is absolutely beautiful Michelle, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a scene from my deck is recorded in Art!! I love the picture Michelle, and it is just as it happened. Gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your artwork is truly lovely...like your quilts of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous start to your new project!
    Such a pretty cocky
    Hope you had a lovely stitcheries day

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours of blessings and the cockatoo picture is super. Enjoy your day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your lovely new projects.
    Your artwork is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful drawing..clever girl. Look forward to seeing this quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those jolly cakes - fancy distracting you lol. Your cockatoo is just beautiful even if she is pilfering. Can't wait to see your new quilt coming together xx

      Delete
  12. Beautiful drawing Michelle. Blessings is looking good. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Michelle,
    the fabrics for The Blessings are just beautiful, love the colors a lot. Nice painting, you are so talented.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a good stitching day Michelle and also were able to retrieve your camera! Do love the fabrics you are using for your Blessings quilt.... Your drawing is beautiful - talented you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Imagine you being distracted by cakes!! Lol!! Hope you get your camera back ok. The new quilt is looking amazing and the cockatoo is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the Blessings beginning......and all that you do Michelle....inspiring that's for sure! Cakes as a distraction? I'd never believe it! bahahahaha :o) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.