MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, October 9, 2015

Quilt Show

Yesterday I went to the annual craft and quilt show held here in Brisbane. I met up with my bestie Ann and we had a lovely day together. I have to say though I was very disappointed with the lack of quilting and patchwork stalls.....the kind I like anyway. My purchases were very minimal....some EPP papers, buttons and ric rac. So I actually came home with funds....never happens usually!!!
The quilts at the show on the other hand were just beautiful. So thank gooodness for a lovely friend and gorgeous quilts! I have a few piccies to share of ones that took my fancy.
This was so beautiful and I had to take a close up of the busy little bee...
Fancy some 1/2 inch hexies...
What a stunner...
My favourites....red/green.
There seemed to be a lot of quiltmakers embracing EPP and hand applique....I loved seeing it.

A lady and I remarked to each other that we had no clue how one would even begin this beauty!
For you "blue" girls...

This next hand appliqued quilt beggared belief....so gorgeous!

Loved this one too.

Hope you enjoyed looking at them as much as I did. You just can't help but feel inspired when you see the work of other quilters. I have 2 other photos but blogger is objecting so I will share next time.
After lugging the shopping home and up the stairs I am shouting myself a cuppa and perhaps a bit of a play with my new EPP papers.
I wish you a nice relaxing weekend.
Namaste and Blessings, Michelle xxx

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts - I ran out of time to look at them, so Im glad to have seen a few - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle ,thankyou for sharing these lovely quilts,and you also have a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always sew many beuatiful quilts to see. Saw the hexie one in Perth.. Amazing...
    Weekend ah it is Friday already. Wishing you a lovely weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You chose some fabulous quilts to show. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That painted floral quilt is awesome. Some lovely quilts indeed. That hexie one has travelled around Australia and I have also seen it up close. I think I would go crosseyed trying to make one like that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummmm. Thanks for sharing all those beauties! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hexie quilt is really amazing so much work. Glad you enjoyed the show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had heard the quilts were good this year. I'm off with my sister tomorrow to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilts. THanks for taking the pics and showing them

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt exhibition is what I love at the Sydney show to, so incredibly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh such gorgeous quilts...I need a quilt show fix lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Timed my visit to Brisbane badly didn't I! That lady with the half inch hexies.... needs to get a life! No really it is gorgeous. All beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a yellow flower fancier, I adore that first quilt Michelle.It is brilliant, and well-deserved of its prize. Bet you and Ann had a great day together, but disappointing that the quilt stores were not up to expectations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful quilts Michelle, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh - what beautiful quilts! Sorry you couldn't find enough goodies to spend all your money. Next time . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many beautiful quilts, thanks for letting us tag along.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The quilts are magnificent. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.