MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, October 25, 2014

More from Miles and My Pencils

A few more bits and bobs from the Pioneer Village in Miles...
Chicken scratch maybe...
Loads of green depression glass.
Vintage sewing machines.
Vintage spools..
Pretty China..
Lots of clocks...
and lamps...
and Mr R. with the vintage car....sorry can't tell you anything about it.
So if you are ever passing through Miles in Queensland it is a great spot to stop, have a cuppa and a wander through the Pioneer Village.
Last night I curled up in my favourite chair with my sketchpad and pencils. Something I love to do.
Want to have a peek? Not stitching related I am sorry...
Some 'country cousins' of my Alphabet Bears....
Ever felt like a 'lone wolf'...
and a 'sweet little someone' I know....
I am really trying to improve my drawing skills and would love to do portrait type drawing......oohh so far to go but I love trying...
Enjoy your Saturday,
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

18 comments:

  1. Hi MIchelle wow lots,of lovely things to see her and even for Mr G ,Thankyou for sharing and your drawings are awesome my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawings are just so beautiful. Just love to be able to draw like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such interesting things to see. Love the depression glass and the old sewing machine . Your drawings are just lovely :-) hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some many lovely things to see. Thanks for showing us Michelle. Your sketches are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful portrait of a sweet girl - you are already a portrait artist!
    Nice things from Miles, especially the green depression glass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Michelle,

    What a great collection of depression glass and I love the name of the lady who donated the bobbins.
    Gorgeous sketches,amazing talent you have.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so admire your drawing skills, it's a talent I don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, love the gorgeous things on display especially the depression glass. Gorgeous drawings. Hugs, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sketches, Michelle! Your photos of some of the items in the Pioneer Village are so interesting;what a wonderful collection! We drive through Miles when we visit DsD1 in Wandoan, might have to talk DH into a stop there I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the treat from Miles Michelle! I have a clock just like the one on the far left on that shelf. Wonderful sketches too. They look brilliant to me - no need apologise for them. Would love to be able to draw like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The drawings are amazing and I do love depression glass great photos thanks Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos from the museum Michelle, love your drawings, think you are already there with your drawings, they are beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all things antique - that depression glass collection is very impressive ( was any of it uranium glass?)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what gorgeous things to see in Miles...did you buy anything?
    Your drawings are just wonderful no wonder you love doing them. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so talented Michelle, I love the picture of the bear and that dear sweet one!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the old goodies in Miles.... and your drawing is lovely.... a great skill...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely show and tell from your visit to Miles.
    Your drawings are so beautiful. Fantastic that you found a bit of drawing mojo too. Don't let it slip away.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many beautiful things Michelle. You drawings are just beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.